2016 Kia Optima Hybrid
When you are looking for eco-friendly options that won't break the bank, look no further than the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid. There's no better combination of mid-size comfort, great fuel economy, and low sticker price than the Optima Hybrid. Featuring a state-of-the-art hybrid powertrain built to eke out every kilometer from a litre of fuel, it also comes with handsome looks and a roomy interior with the latest technology. With seating for five, choose from the LX, EX, or EX Premium trim levels.
The Well-Rounded Package
The stylish, flowing exterior is centered on the wing-shaped front grille that blends to the headlight assemblies for a flowing, modern appearance. From the side, the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid presents a clean, sweeping profile that tapers to the rear, a pleasant design with great staying potential. The shape is further accented by touches of chrome in the split-chrome door handles and chrome door moulding found on all models. Power heated sideview mirrors with LED turn signals and LED bar taillights can cut through even the densest fog, providing the visibility to help make the road a safer place. With a nod to the brisk winters, the Optima Hybrid also features a heated windshield wiper de-icer for the colder months. For the warmer months, a panoramic sunroof is standard on both the EX and EX Premium trim levels.
As good as the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid looks from the outside, the generous cabin and bevy of standard and available features add to the package. Cloth seating for five is standard on the LX and EX trims, with the EX Premium upgrading to leather upholstery. A leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob is standard throughout the line-up, as are heated front seats - a welcome comfort for when the temperature drops below freezing. Heated rear seats are standard on the EX and EX Premium trims, while air-cooled front seats are only available in the EX Premium trim. A power 8-way driver's seat, dual zone climate control, remote keyless entry and power accessories are standard throughout the model line.
Offering the latest in entertainment and information technology, the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid comes with a six-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/Satellite stereo system, as standard on the LX and EX trims, while the EX Premium features an eight-speaker Infinity audio system that includes a subwoofer. All stereo systems have auxiliary and USB inputs. Bluetooth hands-free cell phone connectivity helps the driver keep their attention on the road. While the Microsoft UVO infotainment system features on the LX and EX, the EX Premium gets an eight-inch multimedia interface with navigation and voice activation.
A Reliable Powertrain
The 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid powertrain provides the ability to be powered by electric, gas, or a combination of the two, depending on the situation. Channelling power through a 6-speed automatic transmission to the front wheels, it is smooth and efficient.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Engine
|2.4L Atkinson-cycle I-4 Hybrid||199 combined horsepower with 154 lb-ft of torque|
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid Fuel Economy
|Fuel Economy L/100km (MPG)||City||Highway|
|2.4L Atkinson-cycle I-4 Hybrid, LX Trim||Up to: 6.6 (35.5)||Up to: 5.9 (40)|
|2.4L Atkinson-cycle I-4 Hybrid, EX and EX Premium Trim||Up to: 6.7 (35)||Up to: 6.1 (38.5)|
Your actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving habits and other factors.
Optima Hybrid Awards
With an award-winning history, the Kia Optima Hybrid stands out from the crowd.
- 2012 - Motoring - Car of the Year
- 2012 - Auto123.com - 2012 Mid-size Car of the Year
- 2012 - Motoring - Best New Family Car
- 2011 - AJAC - Best Family Car (over $30,000)
- 2011 - Red Dot Design Award
- 2011 NHSTA 5-Star Safety Rating
- 2011 - iF Proudct Design Award
- 2011 - Automotive Brand Contest - Design Award
Your safety on the road is Kia's key concern, meaning the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid is packed with the latest in preventative and reactive safety measures.
- Dual advanced front airbags
- Dual side and side-curtain airbags
- 4-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system
- Electronic brake force distribution
- Electronic stability control
- Rearview camera
- Rear parking sensors and blind-spot detection system available on EX Premium trim only
Kia offers some of the most thorough warranties on the market.
- 5-year/100,000 km - Worry-free comprehensive warranty covering virtually the entire vehicle.*
- 5-year/100,000 km - Powertrain Warranty covering the engine, transmission, axles, differentials and driveshafts.*
- 5-year/100,000 km - Roadside Assistance covers you in case of mechanical breakdown anywhere in North America.
- 1-year/20,000 km - First-year adjustments covering consumable items such as bulbs, wiper blades, fuses, brake pads, etc.*
- 8-year/130,000 km - Major Emission Components that guarantee that the car will conform with government emission regulations.*
Kia completes the "peace-of-mind" coverage with a national dealer network. So wherever you need us - from Whitehorse to Windsor and from Victoria to St. John's - we'll be there.
Some conditions apply. See Eastside Kia for full details in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
2016 Kia Optima Hybrid for sale in Calgary, Alberta
Combining the passenger and cargo volume of a mid-size sedan with the fuel consumption of a sub-compact, the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid creates an impressive package.
Featuring the latest comforts and conveniences, the 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid provides an excellent value that should find its way onto the shortlist of any new car buyer. All it takes is a test drive at Eastside Kia to find out that this is the right vehicle for your lifestyle!
Disclaimer: Price subject to change without notice. See dealer for details.